DPSA released a circular (Circular 35) on the 30th of AUGUST 2013. It was addressed to all the heads of National Departments/Provincial administrations/Provincial departments as well as government components
The aims of the circular is not only to send out adverts of advertisements to departments, but also to help facilitate the deployment of employees who are in excess.
For those that wish to apply:-
- They should indicate the reference number of the vacancy they are applying for
- Applications done on form Z83 that include all the particulars of the training of the applicant, their competencies, their qualifications,experience and knowledge (on a different sheet if necessary or on their Curriculum Vitae) need to forwarded to the National Department/Government Component/Provincial Administration/ in which the vacancy/vacancies exist(s).
- For those that need more information relating to an advertised post, they should direct their inquiries to the National Department/Government Component/Provincial Administration/ where the vacancy exists. DPSA should not be approached on such matters
- Applicants should forward their applications on time to the advertising department because applications that will be received after the closing date will not be processed or accepted.
- Those that are not employed in the Public Service may not apply for the vacancies advertised with the exception to the relevant departments that have extended the scope of their recruitment initiative to persons not employed in the Public Service, in which case the relevant vacancy will have been advertised through other means such as the media.
Departments that have vacancies where one can apply include:-
- Basic Education
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries
- Home Affairs
- Public Service and Administration
- Social Development
- Human Settlements
- Justice and Constitutional Development
- Independent Investigative
- Trade and Industry
For Provincial Administration, these are the various provinces that have openings in circular 35
- North West
- Western Cape
Where to Download the Full DPSA Circular 35 file?
You can download it from the official DPSA site by clicking here. Its a pdf file so you need a pdf reader to open it. Or you can visit the http://www.dpsa.gov.za and look for the vacancies on the site.